Poetry Prose Anything goes

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

City Birdie

City Birdie

City birdie you have such fun
Flitting, twitting in the morning sun
You splish you splash all a flutter
Playing in the cobbled gutter

I watch you from my comfy bed
I love to feed you doughy bread
Happily you madly hop about
You bathe under a water spout

I'm happy to see you day in day out
But you are trouble without a doubt
And even though I am bemused
Your antics make me tres confused

City bird you build your home
A bit of string, a dirty comb
A used rubber, a filthy sock
Maybe even a piece of rock

Birdie would I have you as a pet?
Is this something I would regret?
Even though your sweet peep, peep
Would comfort me to deep, deep sleep

Should I share my bed with a city bird?
Should I have a pet way less absurd?
'though it may poop on the floor,
A cuddly doggie I could adore

We'd pack a bag and leave the core
Visit the mountains and the shore
We'd cozy together in a little tent
Not huddle by a noisy in-take vent

And if a robber did b. n. e.
Doggie would protect wee me
Doggie would attack and bite
Not just shit, then take flight

Doggie I can walk to keep us in shape
Birdie needs no mutual escape
Birdie needs to spread its wings
Doggie looks to me for things
Birdie I love you go your indie way
But you use the street as your dinner tray
And though doggie's only words are arf, arf, arf
Doggie does not feed its kids puked up hobo barf.

So as I end my juxtapose
I’m reminded of a pretty rose
Its lovely scent will make you quiver
Its thorn leaves a painful sliver

So you fly away, you who is in control
I give up on your cursed indie soul
Life is much more than squawking from a tree
I need Doggie cuz Doggie needs me

No comments: